We believe that people and their communities have the right to live without crime and without the fear of crime.
When crime does take place, we believe that anybody who knows, those responsible should go to the police. However, many people who want to take action are close to the criminal and fear retribution. Crimestoppers offers them the secure means for them to get that information to the police, making their families and communities safer.
Our vision is to make Punjab a safer place for its citizens. Anybody who knows anything about crimes that affect Punjab, should know and trust Crimestoppers . We will make sure that we administer the information from them, and pass it to the appropriate law enforcement agency, guaranteeing security to the caller, through anonymity.
This is what we will continue to do in order to achieve our vision.
• Promote our anonymous phone number – 181 – to ensure that everybody is aware of the anonymous service we provide.
• Encourage people to give information about crime to us, through the phone number or online.
• Pass that information to the right law enforcement agencies, in a timely manner, to a high standard, that meets their objectives.
• Help to reduce crime by running projects and campaigns in communities most affected by crime.
• Reassure the general public, by increasing the number of criminals detected due to information we receive, and by engaging them in our campaigns and activities.
How to give information.
You can contact Crimestoppers anonymously by calling 181 or filling out our Anonymous Online Form.
Call 181 any time to talk to one of our experienced call agents.
We will ask questions about the crime you have information on but will never ask questions about you. Talking things through helps you provide the full picture and makes sure the best use can be made of your information. It's a good idea to ring when you've got time to talk and you won't be disturbed. If you are at all concerned your call could be traced, reassure yourself by dialing 181, which will keep your identity confidential.
You can fill in our Anonymous Online Form to give information online. We've provided some questions to help you tell us everything you know which is important to support a future investigation. Remember, the more information we can pass to the police or other law enforcement agency, the better opportunity they will have to investigate.
The information you send comes to us over a secure internet connection which makes sure you, and your computer, are anonymous. Our call handlers read what you have sent us and will take out any information that might identify you before forwarding it to the relevant authorities.
Link will be available shortly.